So I don't have pictures to post of my new place, but I will try to do that soon.
I have moved into a one room apartment - which means that I walk in and there is a bathroom/shower/sink-in one small room together and then a bigger room which has a closet on one side and a bed along the other wall and a kitchen along the other wall. Hard to describe without pictures...but it's small. I like to say "cozy." There are 4 other English teachers from Canadian Connection in our apartment building. I am really excited because Katy and I are next door on the fourth floor! We're very lucky. It's about a 20 minute bus ride to the school which gets a little crazy at times (you know me and crowded transportation...).
Mansu Middle School has about 1500 girls and apparently I'm going to be teaching them all. Every class I've taught has about 40 kids in it. I can teach the same lesson for about 11 different classes of girls. There are 3 grades here and a high level and a lower level. I'll also be teaching a teacher's class! Teaching is not easy, but I'm starting to get the hang of it I think. The girls all say I'm beautiful and when I show pictures of my family they think Steve is very cute! haha.
They all want to know if I have a boyfriend, and are very sad when I say no! :)
My co-teacher is very nice. She's helping me with a lot of things here, but I'm trying to become as independant as possible because she is also very busy.
The food here is always a battle. I'm trying to be as adventurous as possible. I do miss just a regular hot dog though! haha. Hopefully I can write again soon. I don't have internet at my apartment yet. Love to all.
Thursday, September 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW! 1500 girls in one school! What time do you start in the morning and what time is school done? Have you found a grocery store that has familiar food? Emily showed us all your pictures from facebook. Looks like you had a good few days of orientation and seeing the sites. Dancing with the seniors looked like a hoot!
Love you lots!!! Dad & Mom
Hey cuz whatz up whatz the school like and do they serve good caff food or do ya bring your own LOL well hope all is well and keep in touch on your everyday adventure?
LOVE YA LOTS Chad Great pics how long is school everyday and what do ya do at nighty to keep sain
Post a Comment